Career coaching can help you in your current position or role by establishing your professional goals,
determining your value or assist you with transitioning into a new career altogether. A career coach will
never tell you what to do; however, they will take you on a journey that will help you explore where you
are now, determine where you want to go and help you determine key action steps to proceed on your
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A CAREER COACH?
Career Coaches are experts in listening to and breaking down your current situation. The outcome you
receive from a career coaching session will depend on your situation, emotions, desires, and needs. We’ll
explore where you are right now, you’ll be empowered by the treasures you unlock and should be
motivated to move forward through Resume design, helping you understand your value and worth
through accomplishments to your elevator pitch to interview coaching to you reaching your success.
HOW COULD A CAREER COACH HELP ME?
If you do choose to seek career coaching from a professional, you may discover the following:
- Your values and non-negotiables in the workplace and determine if they mirror your life choices
- Identify negative thoughts and behavior patterns that have held you back, that you can change
- Gain confidence to exercise your skills in a way that creates your brand and learn to embrace your
current skills and expertise
- Resume review and design to help you get you noticed; Interviewing techniques that will empower
you so you aren’t afraid of the unknown
- Assistance with using creative ways to find a career that best suits you, develop attainable goals
and create a plan of action
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL SESSION LOOK LIKE?
Coaching sessions are very flexible and you can have a session from the comfort of your home, dorm
room, hotel or internet café over the phone, online or face-to-face. Whichever format you choose; in your
first session your career coach will identify the topic(s) in which you want to cover in your upcoming
sessions and this can change based on your needs – you determine the topic.
Your first session is about 60 mins to determine your agreement and what you want to
achieve at the end of your session’s agreement. Each session thereafter is between 45-60 mins. based on
your desires. Session agreements can also range from 1 session to 6 sessions based on what you’d
like to accomplish.